PREPARING FOR YOUR SPEAKERY TRAINING SESSION
My name is Marcus John Henry Brown. I’m a performance artist and a speaker trainer. I hack business conferences with performance art and I teach business people the dark art of keynote speaking - both on and offline.
And we’re going to be working together in a 90-minute virtual speaker training session. Which is very exciting. Here are some things I’d like you to know before we finally meet in a virtual conference call.
- What will we cover during the 90-minute session?
- I’ll start with a short 10-minute presentation that covers all of the key areas of mastering a virtual keynote. The presentation covers everything from your technical setup, office staging, posture and audience engagement.
- Then we’ll start to focus on you, your performance and your presentation.
- Do I need to prepare anything for the session?
- Please come prepared with the presentation you want to give. The slides can be rough drafts but we’ll need to have something to work with. I’m more than happy to help you craft the storyline during the session but we’ll need something.
- I’ll be asking these questions during the introduction round. It would be great if you had answers.
- What you would like to get out of the session?
- What do you want to improve?
- What are your main concerns about presenting?
- I’d like you to think about your biggest strength too.
- Prepare as many questions as you like. You’ve got me for 90-minutes so ask away!
If you’d like to dive a little deeper into the world of speakery you can have a read through the speakery manifesto which outlines my thinking around performance, virtual formats and keynote speaking.
I’m very much looking forward to meeting and working with you.
See you soon.